Tuesday, November 25, 2008

There's always a first time for everything.

We're nearing the end of the semester which means one thing, lots of projects and papers.

Tonight I had to meet with a group at the library for one of the said projects. Things were moving along swimmingly as we put together our power point presentation, so my mind started to wander. I wasn't really paying attention to the conversation when one of the girls asked, "Hey, does anyone here know how to give a shot?" Unsure of why she was asking, I proudly replied, "Actually, I do." (I had to learn when I was helping Robin). Little did I know that she wanted to employ my skills right then and there. "Oh good. I need some medication and I don't like giving myself shots, would you mind?"

WHAT?! Just a minute ago I was minding my own business, dinkin' around on the internet and now I have to give this girl I barely know a shot? Never mind the fact that I don't really like needles and passed out when I watched my sister's spinal tap. But I had already admitted that I was capable, so I wasn't about to back out. We headed off to the bathroom, prepped the syringe, and I took care of business. You should have seen the look on the random girl's face that came out of one of the stalls as I was administering the shot. I'm pretty sure she thought we were doing drugs or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a story. It is good that the skills you had developed earlier came in handy.

Grandma Honey said...

Hey, I'm impressed!!!!!!!!