Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Whitty Whit

According to my mom, I was a pretty unhappy child until November 12th, 1985. You see, Robin and Natalie were the best of friends which left me as odd man out until Whitney Jay was born.


Whitney's great for lots of reasons, like she'd stay up late at night with me when we were younger and imagine what all of our furniture would be if it were made out of candy until Natalie banged on the wall to make us go to sleep (sorry Nat); she forgave me when I accidentally hot glued her foot because I was trying to take over her 6th grade diorama project; whenever I was super stressed out in high school she'd always reference a quote from one of the million Mary Englebreit magnets in our house that was something like, "Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles- it empties today of it's strength," which usually made me want to punch her in the face and kiss her cheeks at the same time; she loves sodie and always has Diet Dr. Pepper on hand to offer to house guests; she's genuine, funny, kind hearted, adventurous, and the list could go on.

Happy happy 23rd birthday to you Whittle Sticks aka Miss Happy Head aka Giddy aka Whitty Jay. May this day bring lots of donuts, trail mix, and Its Its.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Whitney.

Rachel DeFreese said...

I remember a story that you once told me about Whitney going on a date in place of Lauren....I loved that story, and have told others about it!

Friday was a lot of fun! I am so glad the three of us had our girl moments before the guys came.

Ms. Thomas said...

I'm not going to lie, those handstands are pretty impressive. Impressive to the point that they inspired me to try one. I forgot how quickly that blood rushes to the noggin.

vanessa said...

you two look like duplicates in that first picture. quite cute.