Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Meet me in...

One of my 2009 goals is to be a little more spontaneous, so when my roommate Laura found cheap tickets to her hometown of St. Louis a couple of weeks ago, I jumped on it. Definitely one of my favorite 2009 weekends to date. We did lots of fun things. Lots.
We walked through a basilica that had 40.5 million mosaic tiles (it was breathtaking).

We visited the arch and witnessed a marriage proposal .
We played with butterflies at the Butterfly House.



We got the willies and squirmed/squilled like girls when we saw these beetles.

And did lots of chatting, eating, giggling, and a little sleeping. All things that make for a great weekend and prove to me that I don't have to be laying on a beach for it to be an enjoyable vacation. Although, if anyone's going to the beach anytime soon, I'm in.

5 comments:

Bags said...

I'm ready for the beach when you are.

Bags said...

PS Will you be my Valentine still?

Karen Mortensen said...

Oh I love St Louis becase of the movie. One of my favorites. Anyway, glad you got to get away. Looks like you had a lot of fun. What was the result of the marriage proposal?

vanessa said...

st. louis never looked so good.

and i'm in for a beach vacation. only if you wear your polka dots of course.

Grace said...

i'm going next! So excited for those butterflies. Oh and I must say miss Lindsey that I really appreciate you keep your blog up to date. Someone has got to tell me what is happening at the Green House!! I love love when i see new pics.