Friday, February 13, 2009

I had the time of my li-i-ife. (Sung like Patrick Swayze)

Last week I was called to be a youth counselor in the special needs mutual in Salt Lake. Lucky for me, because it was just in time for tonight's annual Valentine's dance. Dream come true. I have never received such a warm welcome from a room full of strangers, nor have I ever danced with such inhibition (okay, except for when I'm wearing my sequined cheetah print Dereon jacket). If only I were as popular with guys my age as I was with the 17 year olds with down syndrome.

4 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Oh Lindsay, I love this post. I know what you mean. Those kids are so loving. Lucky you for that calling. That would be my dream calling. Good luck. I am sure you will have many wonderful experiences with this people. They couldn't have asked a better person.

kat said...

Wow, that is the perfect calling for you! I wish I could have been there..I've been missing our dance parties, and having one with adoring down syndrome boys could only make it better:)

nrozier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard said...

I checked in to see the St Louie pics...get with it!