Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Chickee

When I was a teenager, I would occasionally get frustrated with my mom (it's a daughter's job, right?). Hard to believe I could be a pill, I know. But my dad was always to quick to say, "You girls are lucky. There is no one in this world quite like your mom." As annoying as it was to hear that when I just wanted to be mad, I knew it was true.
I must have done something right, 'cause I totally lucked out in the Mom department. Happy birthday to the best listening, loud laughing (in the best way possible of course), big gulp drinking, good advice giving, Chico's wearing, Dateline watching, joke telling, gospel teaching, cotton candy eating, phone talking, time giving, pink dress buying, fun loving, most wonderful mom in the world.

9 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Happy Birthday Wendy. You are the greatest.

nrozier said...

That might be the most accurate description of mom I've ever read. I laughed out loud when I got to the Chicos and Dateline bit--right on! You forgot fudge loving, bargain shopping extrodinaire, master decorator, laundry wizard, sleep lover, and best friend ever. When describing mom to other people I usually include the fact that those candy dots that you peel off the paper with your teeth are one of her favorite foods.

Grandma Honey said...

GREAT description of your Mom, Lindsay! And I agree with your dad, there is no one like her!
(I'm still laughing over Natalie's comment about the dots you peel off the paper. I can seriously see your mom eating those! )

kat said...

Oh I love your mom too! Wish her a happy birthday from me.

breena rae said...

who hasn't benefited from Wendy's pazzaz and love? Anyone who comes across your great mom comes away happier and with a few more giggles. Tell her we love her and happy birthday!

The Boz said...

Happy Birthday to your fabulous Mom! And btw...why don't you get your new spontaneous self to Cali to come visit me!!! I have spring break coming up and Ryan won't have the 2nd week off at all which means I will have LOTS of time to play!!!
ps- your blog remains one of my favorites! miss you.

Richard said...

You left out her love of pink popcorn bricks, cotton candy, candy apples, peeps at Easter, and every other super sweet confection known to man!

Rachel DeFreese said...

I believe you can add cheeky-applying to that list.... That is something I will always remember about your mom--she put blush on you before church and various other occasions.

Brady and Lauren said...

Oh my, I love your mom. I consider her to be my second mother and I have benefited greatly from her funny quirks. I remember a long time ago when My sister was feeling down, and your mom showed up at our house with her clown nose on, trying to make her smile. She is the best!