Monday, June 1, 2009

"Someday you'll be glad I kept that."

I think I heard this phrase at least 26 times today.
I came down to Alpine to help my mom "clean" the basement. Somehow "cleaning'" became a little more like sifting through a bunch of junk that my mom wouldn't let me get rid of because "it's not junk, it's memories".
Just in case any of you need 47 picture frames from the 80's, any sort of electronic cord that is surely out of date, small teddy bear cheerleader figurines, or VHS tapes- don't worry, we've got 'em. And according to my mom, someday I'll be glad. We'll see mom, we'll see.

4 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Be brave. Let go. LOL

Anonymous said...

true story. i was called as the stake camp director last year...never been so happy in all my life that my mom kept a bunch of "useless junk". it was a lifesaver.

mark said...

that's funny. That won't be happening in our house. Mark thrives off of throwing junk away. Your mom is great.

My mom just told me that you're helping Pam this weekend. I'm so excited. I didn't think I would be able to see you with all of the wedding stuff keeping me busy, but now I definitely will!

kat said...

oops, that last one was me. I didn't think it was possible to be signed into my gmail and comment with someone else's account, but I guess it is.