Sunday, June 21, 2009

My dad has been to more "jump-arounds" than any other dad I know.

I guess it comes with the territory.
In raising 4 daughters, my dad was subjected to more cheer competitions, dance recitals, gymnastics meets, etc. than any man should ever have to endure. I'm pretty sure he never knew one event from another (which is why he dubbed them all "the jump-around") and he probably had things he'd rather do (like golf), and my mom probably had to drag him there, but the point is he came.
So here's to you dad! Thanks for watching countless jump-arounds, for making the best Sunday night grilled cheese, for not disowning all of us when we call you on the same day with a major freak-out, for good advice, and for being such a wonderful example of what the head of a home should be. Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Ms. Thomas said...

good ol richard.
i would like to thank richard for being my second dad.
oh, and for taking me to his office every week after whitney and i got done with the "jump around" to get a sodie from the little fridge.