Tuesday, September 23, 2008

When I'm not eating crunchy ice, you can catch me on the golf course.

Last Friday, I participated in The Intrepid Group's (my other job) annual golf tournament and discovered that although I have a dad that plays more golf than should ever be allowed, I'm no Tiger Woods.

Top 3 reasons I'll never be a golf pro:
1. I'm much better at driving the golf cart than the golf ball.
2. I think they'd frown upon my full spin following my swing.
3. The divots I made in the grass usually flew further than my ball.
While I may not have been the most skilled golfer, my team managed to win a few prizes. Can't complain about the $115 in gift cards I walked away with. All in a days work.




6 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Whew...that's GOOD. The pictures are really cute too. I kept expecting to see your dad in one of those pictures.

Shannon Elizabeth said...

i bet this was the happy place you went to when we thought there was a burgular in the house and we needed to think positive thoughts to distract ourselves. my happy place is sitting on cougar campus with you and whit drinking a sodie and telling you all about adventures in love, and trying to convince you to love nick.

Brady and Lauren said...

That looks like fun, and I'm sure your dad is proud! You make a cute golfer!

kat said...

You do make a cute golfer. Remember when we hit glow-in-the dark golf balls into the field behind your house? If that was any indication of my skills, I'm pretty sure my team wouldn't have even made it out with a 115 dollar gift card:)

nrozier said...

Dude, you should take up golf just because you look so cute in the outfit! Whose clubs did you use?

Shea McGee said...

i think our teams were grateful for our skills.