Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I wish everyday were a Saturday.

Now that school has started, gone are the careless days of summer and my golden tan. Okay, so maybe "pinkish freckley" tan is more appropriate, but I can pretend. The only good thing about getting back into the school routine is that now I really relish my weekends. And this past Saturday was no exception.

It started with a healthy breakfast, some good reading, and ample time at the pool with my roommates.

Then I got to celebrate with this little guy.

Lauren and I have been best friends for 22 years. When we were little, we LOVED playing house and there was never a shortage of imaginary babies. I remember shoving stuffed animals and small blankets up our shirts to pretend like we were pregnant like it was yesterday and now she has a one year old. How did that happen? It was so fun to watch Boston dig into his adorable baseball cake and catch up on all our girly talk.

Then I said goodbye to this guy. Derek and I met in the dorms 7 years ago and have remained close friends ever since. We have the kind of friendship where honesty is paramount and not much goes unsaid. Just the other night I was complaining about how good I am at slipping into the "friend" role with guys and Derek started laughing. He then informed me that I don't just "slip" into the role, but rather, "Lindsay, you get a running start and dive head first into the friend role." Thanks Derek.

How is it only Monday? The next weekend can't come fast enough.

6 comments:

kat said...

why did you have to say goodbye to Derek? Is he leaving Utah?

I miss our saturday morning dance parties and making french toast.

Brady and Lauren said...

If only real pregnancies were like our pretend ones...I would probably have a lot more kids! Ha! We were so funny with our pretend babies. Thank you so much for coming to Boston's party and chatting, I don't get to see you enough, Miss Busy Body!

nrozier said...

Dude, your arm is so tan in that picture at first I thought you had a brown long sleeve shirt underneath your button up.

breena rae said...

oh derek, the big dare of freshman year fall semester...ya, where's he going?

Unknown said...

Breakfast of champions!

STEVEN said...

Not only do we have the same taste in TV shows (Gossip Girl really is quality television), but magazines and beverages too!
Is it sad that The CW is a network geared towards 14-year-olds, but I watch more shows on that channel than any other one?