Sunday, September 14, 2008

Maybe I shouldn't admit this.

I had some extra time on my hands today so I decided to clean out my car (it was LONG overdue). As I reached under the driver's seat, it was like reaching into Mary Poppin's bag- the stuff just kept coming. Here is just a sampling of the surprises I found:

* 5 half empty water bottles
* a metal spoon
* a receipt from something I purchased in 2005
* 2 cd's I've been missing for over a year
* a pair of reading glasses

I was thinking this was pretty bad until I remembered the time my mom found a month old bean burrito hidden in a secret console in the back of our astro van. At least I didn't have any food items, right?

5 comments:

Bags said...

My mom left a watermelon in the car once. It exploded.

Shauna said...

The job i am at now has a million perks, one being that i get my car detailed every week...but before Heavenly Father decided to bless me with a boss sent from heaven, my car was seriously the grossest. Like probably 30 lbs of waste (shoes, utensils, cds, and who knows what else) at any given time.

I liked this post.

Rachel DeFreese said...

Ahhh, you have me beat! I found 3 half-filled water bottles under my seat last month. At least if we ever overheat, we are surprisingly prepared.

Tianne said...

Hey Linds! Don't feel bad, I had a bunch of celery, all cellophane wrapped under my car seat for 3 weeks until finally, my friend found it. YUCK! I'm wondering who's bean burrito that was, tho? :)

Jared Wilstead said...

PS..your car looks great! Maybe you should try cleaning it more often than once ever three years...haha.