Friday, August 1, 2008

I just can't get enough. I just can't get enough.

I haven't been sleeping well. Well, actually I take that back. I sleep fine once I've nodded off, it's the actual falling asleep part I'm having trouble with. Am I stressed? Nope. Worried? Nope. But I do have an addiction that is keeping me up at night. I can't get enough of This American Life on NPR. And now that I've discovered all of the archives online, I just want to listen all night long. Who needs sleep when I could be learning about taxedermy shops in Paris, or listening to stories of midwest high school proms?


It started out as a slight interest. Occasionally I'd tune in while I was driving, but now it's way out of hand. I prop my laptop up next to my head after my bedtime routine and let the blue glow and Ira Glass lull me to sleep. This probably isn't healthy, but I don't really care.

Yes, I do sleep with my feet like this. It's more comfortable than you'd think.

8 comments:

breena rae said...

Poor Linz! But you are becoming smarter with I'm sure very valuable facts!

Oh, oh...I know, I know, and then you should have a roommate who has 3 alarm clocks and does dishes at 5:30 am...that will do the trick to your sleeping woes!

Ashley said...

i love you linz! you feel me with awe!

Ashley said...

okay i meant FILL not feel ha

Katie said...

I LoVE Ira Glass & This American Life. & I'm mad that you said they have online archives. There goes the rest of my day...

nrozier said...

I love falling asleep to talk radio! For a good 11 years I fell asleep everynight listening to Love Lines with Dr. Drew and Adam Corolla (I stopped listening once Adam left). Now it may not have been as academic, but I promise you it was every bit as educational (albiet in a very different way).

kat said...

you have convinced me I need to try listening again. I heard it was really good so I tried listening to the podcast and I was really turned off by the one I listened to. But I have the podcasts on my ipod and I can listen to them while I work. I'm going to check them out tomorrow.

Rachel DeFreese said...

Girl, I love your habits! Refrigerating cookie dough (which I now do), baby powder on the roots, crunching on little ice, and now late night talk radio?

lauren said...

I need to check that out and I love your sleeping habits!