Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I have a secret.

School starts in less than one week and while I pretend to moan and groan about it, it's just that- pretending.

I love school and shudder at the thought that this could be the last year I have a "first day of school." I'd be a student forever if I could. There's nothing like the anticipation of a new year and the excitment that a fall semester brings. Bring on the text books. Bring on the lectures. Bring on the research projects. I've got my backpack and pencils ready.

P.S. Please remind me of this mid-semester when I'm up to my eyeballs in 30 page term papers.

P.P.S. I was telling a less than enthusiastic 3rd grader that I was getting ready to start school too to get him excited about the upcoming school year. His only question? He wanted to know what grade I'm starting. I told him I'm going to be in the 18th grade and he looked like he wanted to die at the thought of going to school for that many years.

2 comments:

kat said...

I'm with you. If going to school paid, I would be there in a heart beat. School is supposed to prepare you for the work place but I just feel out of place in an office and would like to be back in the comfort of doing something that I was pretty successful at for 16 years. But then I remember that I'm not that into research, so grad school probably isn't the place for me either. oh well. Good luck with the new school year!

Lisanne Lee said...

yeah,...I think you're weird in that.