Thursday, September 16, 2010

I take back all the mean things I've ever said about LAX

I think I've flown into/out of LAX a handful of times in my life, but for some reason I had a total aversion to that airport- that is until this past Tuesday. I'm typically a glass half-full kind of girl, but whenever I heard someone say something about LAX, it was usually followed by a quick, "Ugh, I HATE that airport. It's just so big and busy and such a pain," or some other exaggerated response to that effect. Well, I take it all back.

On Tuesday, I was at LAX at 7:20 am (so obviously I was in an awesome mood after waking up at 6:00am). I got in the security line to be herded like a cow up to the TSA attendant to go through the huge rigmarole that is now airport travel- still in a totally awesome mood, I assure you. As I approached the TSA podium though, something was different. The attendants were smiling. What?! And on top of that, they were handing out compliments like it was candy. "Oh, Ms. Rozier, headed home today? You sure look nice!" Then I saw one TSA guy look at a lady's ID and say, "Oh, you've decided to go blond. Good choice, it looks great!" Then the lady at the next podium looked at another guy's ID and said, "Wow, nice smile!" For a second, I expected Ashton Kutcher to jump out, but then I remembered that it isn't 2003.

3 comments:

Nate and Julie said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome experience at LAX. I too am typically a glass-half-full kind of person, however all it took was one night of waiting for my luggage for over an hour at 12:30 in the morning at a baggage carousel that kept breaking down for me to become one of those people who hates LAX.

Richard said...

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty...all an engineer knows is that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be (an engineer joke for you in case you ever need it)

kat said...

that too funny. I've missed you blogging!