Monday, November 9, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I've lived in Utah for about 8 years, but Clovis will always be home. I don't care if I live here the rest of my life (well, actually I do care and I don't plan on it...), it will never feel like home to me. That's not to say that Utah doesn't have its perks- it certainly does (i.e. 7-11's on practically every corner, the seasons, temples, great people, etc.). I wouldn't live here unless I liked it, but it'll never give me the rush of warm, happy feelings I get when I turn onto Sunnyside Ave. I had the chance to go back to Clovis a few weeks ago and while I didn't recognize most of the city, my old neighborhood took me right back to high school- the fact that all the radio stations seemed to only play music from the late 90's may have also had something to do with it too. Seriously, I don't think I've heard so much Natalie Imbruglia and Blink-182 since I was in the 11th grade.
Sunnyside, just the way I left it.

When did the trees get so big?

9 comments:

Busy Burtons said...

*cough* *cough*.... nothing to take you back to your senior year like a visit with ME! guess you wanted to forget that part of high school!? lol... i dont blame you. that must have been why i didnt get a call so we could visit (do you feel guilty yet? even a little? oh good. lol)

btw mike and i have been house sitting/nanny for a family in your old neighboor hood for about the past 4 years and everytime i turn the corner off of sunnyside i think "wow, i spent a lot of time in that house"... it does bring back a lot of memories for me, cant imagine what it does for you.

Nate and Julie said...

I miss your old house. Family potlucks aren't the same without it.

Anonymous said...

i haven't been back to clovis since 2002! when i graduated. i wish my parents still lived there. i actually had a dream a couple of weeks ago that i went back and i couldn't find my way around and everything was so different-- i hated it! i've heard its changed a lot. i almost done want to go back bc i know its going to be so different : )

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

I miss Clovis ** sigh ** last time I was back was 2002, I think, or whenever Stephanie and Chris E. got married. I need some sort of excuse to go back, though...Hhmm, someone needs to invite me back who still lives there.

DOes anyone even live there anymore??

Brady and Lauren said...

That was such a fun visit. I was surprised how much I missed Clovis.

The music was also funny and random, I guess it was appropriate for the trip. :)

Richard said...

too bad the wrong trees in front of the house died...it would look much better if the trees on the outer perimeter had lived to frame the house as it should be. Oh well. Not my problem now

Grandma Honey said...

I miss that house too. I'm with Julie...family potlucks have never been the same.

Anonymous said...

i haven't been back to clovis for 7 years! i miss it... you're lucky girl to have a reason to go visit!

breena rae said...

good 'ol Clovis. We will always be California girls. Is the sunken-in tramp still in the back? Ya, those trees need to be cut back...I can't see the house!