Thursday, September 17, 2009

I survived my first day.

I think I was more nervous today when I started my first real job than when I started the seventh grade. What if no one liked me? What if the kangaroo was mean? What if I had to share an office with someone that wanted to listen to techno music all day? SO many things to worry about. Luckily all my worrying was quickly put to rest. Turns out my coworkers are all super nice and they think I'm important or something and I get my very own fancy schmancy office- complete with a large oak desk and comfy couch. Did I mention that I have a mini-fridge?
Anyway, not much kangaroo interaction today, but just when I started to hit the afternoon lull, this cute little bulldog (well, ok, cute might be a stretch- but she's so ugly she's almost cute) wandered into my office. Just what I needed to distract me from the fact that I had NO IDEA what I was doing. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon.

9 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

I think I'd be more afraid of the kangaroo than anything else. Really, when you were going to school did you ever think you'd be working with a kangaroo?

Anonymous said...

that's so exciting. i don't like starting new jobs either... so much unknown and i hate not knowing what i'm doing either!! don't worry, i'm sure you'll be on top of everything soon. in the meantime, just the fact that your the director of something is pretty cool!

Richard said...

I'm sure Hailey envys you working with animals. Can't wait to bring her by for a visit!

Shea McGee said...

The great thing about being a director with your own office is the ability to delegate. Can't wait to G-chat you at work while you drink sodie that has been chilled in the mini fridge.

nrozier said...

YOU HAVE YOUR OWN OFFICE AND A MINI FRIDGE?!?!?

thegreatestshowonearth said...

Again, so excited for you! Kangaroo, mini-fridge, & an office- you are living the american dream. Hope you are having a great day!

Rhett Maurice Billen said...

My Favorite part is that you had your camera with you on your first day and pulled it out to take a picture of what the heck that dog is doing. Monica and I are really happy for you, by the way.

Karen Mortensen said...

Great office. Do you work with animals or people? What is it that you do? Whatever it is I know you will be great because you are awesome.

Laurel said...

Look at you all growns up!