Thursday, December 18, 2008

Who knew watching a bunch of 5 year olds tromp around onstage could bring so much joy?

I've seen a lot of dance performances in my day. I grew up dancing and when I quit, somehow my love for dance grew. Luckily I lived with a few dancers during college, so there was never a shortage of incredible shows to attend. I'm not talkin' mediocre dance here, I'm talkin' people that majored in dance and danced professionally. But this past Saturday I attended, hands down, my favorite dance performance (no offense Kat and Breena) ever. It was Hailey's first dance recital. And yes, I cried through the whole thing.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Wish I could have seen it. I bet it was wonderful. You are such a good aunt for going and seeing her.

breena rae said...

You can't compete with little girls dancing their heart out...especially when it's your niece.

kat said...

no offense taken. I know how much joy little nieces can bring. No dance company I've ever seen can compete with that:)

vanessa said...

oh man, she is just so CUTE.