Thursday, October 2, 2008

She works hard for the money.

I wish that statement were true. I mean, the hard work part is true, just not so much the money part. After a week full of 12 hour days spent between my 2 jobs and school, I decided it was time for a well deserved break. What better way to relax than take a vacation to my favorite state, especially when it includes seeing some of my favorite people and celebrating love?!

The weekend started with Laurel and Ryan's wedding at the Oakland temple.


After the sealing, we went to a beautiful park in Walnut Creek to take pictures. This is the part where the photographer started snapping shots while yelling things like, "Yeah, work it girls!" and "Oh baby!" I've never felt so awkward and unnatural in my entire life. Laurel, I apologize ahead of time if I ruined your wedding pics.



It was also great to spend some time with my best friend, Lauren. We live 35 minutes away from each other, but somehow it takes going to another state to actually get some time to catch up.

Then off to the reception. Everything was perfectly planned and executed. Including the cake cutting.

Luckily Bret and Whit also live in the bay area and who wouldn't enjoy gallivanting around Alameda with these two in matching shirts?

And last but not least, we made some time for one of our favorite activities, the trusty ol' jumping pictures. Now that's a weekend well spent.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

k so i did a painting for some people as a wedding gift. Was it there? So random. Lindsay Griffeth is in my sisters ward. Sometimes we play bunco together.

Unknown said...

It was so great to see you last weekend! Keep all your funny posts coming.

lauren said...

It was so great to be back in California for the weekend and I'm so glad you were there. Lets get together when you get a chance. Love ya!

breena rae said...

oh, I love Laurel! Was Wanana there?..ok, and you look beautiful in those pics...and Whit should be in like some cool Apple commercial with people dancing to random music.