Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hidden Talents

Have you ever wondered if you have any hidden talents that are so hidden, you don't even know about them yet? My grandpa started running marathons in his late thirties or early forties and turns out he was a super running stud. We're talkin' like over 50 marathons, a bunch of ultramarathons (over 100 miles), oh and did I mention that he held a world record and was featured in Sports Illustrated? NBD.


It got me thinking. What if I'm made to do something and I just haven't discovered it? I tried the marathon thing a couple of times, but that wasn't it.
I tried golfing. Also not my hidden talent.



Cupcake decorating? Afraid not.


I'm really good at being a bridesmaid (9 times- seriously), but I don't think that's a legit talent.

Maybe I need to get a little less mainstream/more obscure. What if I have the potential to be a master of archery or curling? I've got some new hobbies/potential talents to look into.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got one. What about being the world's greatest sister? Think about all you did for Robin over the last couple of years. Also, what about being the best aunt with Hailey. In other words, you have the talent of being an awsome, wonderful person!!!!!

Conlan said...

You have the uncanny talent of always brightening my day, even with you being MORE THAN 10 miles away.

Bags said...

You should try mouth kissing. I hear it's a great talent to develop.

Ms. Thomas said...

What about that time you made Molly do that really cool trick?

Whitney Jay said...

You're pretty good at hot glue gunning peoples ankels
and doing the roger rabbit, you could do that years before me.

Anonymous said...

hey lindsey. I would love to send you a wedding annoucement. What is your address?

nrozier said...

I've learned in my 29 years that sometimes talents aren't so much "hidden" as they are non-demonstrative. I finally realized that my talent is reading comprehension and while it never dazzles a crowd or garners applause, it sure does make my job and life easier.

What I am saying is that you have a number of AMAZING talents--they just aren't the kind you get to show off necessarily.

Uh, and Karen is mistaken. I am the best sister and aunt so that is definitely not your talent.