Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ode to...

Baby powder.

I know what you're thinking. "But Lindsay doesn't have a baby, does she?" No, I don't. But that hasn't stopped me from singlehandedly keeping Johnson & Johnson in business. Let me explain.

I was up late Tuesday night writing (yes, hand-writing and then typing) a paper. I desperately needed to wash my hair, but I figured I'd do it in the morning before my 8:30am class. Yeah right. Instead of popping into the shower when my alarm sounded, I hit snooze and awoke 20 minutes before class. What is a greasy haired girl to do? I could throw on a hat- but I've done that far too many times this semester. So naturally I turned to my trusty friend, baby powder. I dusted it over my head, ran a brush through my hair, threw it back into a pony, and was out the door. Thank goodness for blonde hair. Best part of the whole thing is when I showed up to my class a fellow student said, "Did you get your hair done recently? It looks great." If she only knew.

Lest you think I'm totally disgusting, check THIS out. (Thanks Laura)

Oh, and don't worry, I took a shower after class.

8 comments:

Busy Burtons said...

dirty girl!

jk. baby powder really is a god-send. i havent done it in forever but now that you have mentioned it i will be making a purchase of the stuff this afternoon. i honestly dont know what i would have done without that stuff in high school (especially when we hardly had time to sleet, let alone take a decent shower right!?)

kat said...

I learned this trick from you and Lauren when we lived together, and although I have to be a little more careful in the application, it does work for brunettes:) And, I don't think you are dirty at all, because even when I was dancing everyday and sweating a lot, I only washed my hair 3 times a week! (but I did shower everyday) Mark still jokes about it and gives me a hard time, so I will have to show him the article you posted.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I do need to pass on my love for bumble and bumble hair powder though...as much as I adore baby powder, since I don't (usually) have blonde hair, I discovered that b&b make their powder in 5 colors. So Linds, if you were ever tempted to go dark, but were swayed by the amount of washing you'd have to do, now you know...there is hope!

Emily Blais said...

um, how in the entire world did I not know you had a blog??? You failed to mention that! gosh, WQC is in full force here in the blogging world. I should post a cheers to us...I think I will :) YAY!!! Now I can keep track of your crazy life! I MISS YOU!!!!

Shauna said...

youre not one of those girls who doesnt wash her hair for like 6 days are you? my hair is WET greasy by the end of the day (especially the bangs) so there is NO getting around not washing it for me and i absolutely hate this about myself.

wahhhhhhhh

lauren said...

One of my best beauty products. I use it more on myself than Boston!

It was so fun to hang out with you yesterday. Back to the good ol' days.

Love ya!

breena rae said...

that trick has so come in handy all these years...thanks Linz.

meredith said...

Its harder with the dark hair but still such a good tip.


Here's another one. Rub oatmeal in your hair. Its fabulous.

Anything to stay away from the shampoo!