Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I need something to keep my mind off the fact that it's going to be cold for the next 4-5 months.

I saw THIS on Kate's blog today and I got soooooo excited. It got me thinking about all of the other documentaries I've seen and loved- and yes, I realize that by admitting this, I cement myself in the dork category. I don't care. I've come to terms with it.
Anyway, I thought I'd ask if any of the 4 of you that read this blog have any suggestions of documentaries. Funny, informative, historical- I'll take it. It's starting to get real cold here, so I've got to come up with indoor activities to keep me busy until it's warm enough to hang out on the porch again.

10 comments:

Richard said...

There is a weekly real time reality show on every Monday at 6:30...Monday Night Football. Try it, you might like it.

Raven Rozier said...

I get docs from the library. Some good ones are: "Little Deiter Needs To Fly," "Jesus Camp," "What the Bl**p Do We Know," "Food Inc.," "42 Ways to Kill Hitler," "Wordplay." Get your snuggie and cocoa!

Bags said...

Tomorrow night at the Tower Theater in SLC I'm going to a Ron Paul documentary... let me know if you want to come. It's going to be amazing from what I hear.

You should especially come if you don't know much about the man. He's a personal hero of mine...

breena rae said...

that babies one looks great. I've always wondered how other babies survive without the conveniences of Target and bouncers...should be informative...the only docs I know of are the PBS Christianity videos...very interesting. Love you!

breena rae said...

and so sorry about the cold...why don't we all just return to CA?

Becca said...

born into brothels. amazing.

christina said...

shopping could keep you busy.

www.etsy.com/shop/thecameoshop

sooooo shameless, i know, but i thought you might like.

nrozier said...

You may have already seen these, but some of my favorites are:
Startup.com
Helvetica
The Fog of War
To Be and To Have (about a one room school house in rural France--FASCINATING)

I can't wait to check out the ones Raven suggested!

EssayEm said...

that one looks tight. don't forget to check out 'tupac resurrection.' there's some mild language, but it's life changing. i've got it on dvd if you can't locate a copy.

Nate and Julie said...

so i saw Chris Rock on Opera last week plugging his doc about black women and their hair. it looked interesting...i think it's called good hair