Monday, July 7, 2008

Then what?

You know when you meet people and have the obligatory "get to know you" conversation? You know, the one that goes something like, "Where are you from? And what do you do? Oh, you only have one year left of your Masters? Then what?"

You know that conversation? I do.

I'm approaching my second and final year of grad. school and to be honest, I'm just not quite sure about the "then what?" part. All I know is that at the end of a long and successful career as a social worker or therapist or mom or professional acrobat (okay, it might be a little late to shoot for that one), I want to spend ample time on a beach with my old, adorable husband (I'm taking applications if anyone is interested), playing Rummikub and drinking soda.

I watched this couple on the beach in Corona Del Mar as they played Rummikub for 4 hours and intermittently pulled sodies and snacks from their Coleman. And maybe I was a little jealous.

3 comments:

Busy Burtons said...

then what?!! i cant believe its even a question! MOVE BACK TO CLOVIS!!!! duh!

breena rae said...

move back to Clovis...
wait that didn't solve the problem...hahaha

Oh yes, Mia Michaels is brilliant. If you're talking about the number she did with the dancers in black, I watched it over and over again and wished I was dancing it.

Brady and Lauren said...

Stay in Utah for me! I know you will be up to something amazing when you are done.

I love that you got a picture of that couple...they are livin the life!