Friday, May 23, 2008

My car is not my friend.

Recently, I came across an article in Self Magazine that stated, "Socializing isn't the only way to alleviate loneliness. Spending time with a beloved pet or dependable everyday object (such as a car) can also generate a sense of connection, a study from the University of Chicago indicates."

I'm sorry, University of Chicago, I don't quite buy it.

I woke up this morning to an empty house (all of my roommates were out working like real people), so I decided to go run a few errands all by my lonesome. Now I've had 8 years to develop my relationship with my car, but as much as I love my 2000 Honda Civic, Itchi, I don't think it'll ever generate the "sense of connection" I have with my friends.

3 comments:

kat said...

Yeah, I don't buy that study one bit. I haven't had my car for almost 3 months now, and I can tell you that my car is not one of the things I left in Utah that I am missing. I do miss you though. I will try calling sometime next week.

breena rae said...

I don't know the bug was right up there with you guys...
way kidding...but you do have to admit that the Honda has been reliable.
So, I've decided...just now from reading Kat's comment... that we should plan a WQC reunion for next summer so everyone has plenty of time to plan and prepare. Good ol' Utah with some good ol' friends that can't ever compare with a good ol' car.

Emily Blais said...

I TOALLY agree with Breena! We should do a reunion. How fun would that be? K, by the way, we need to chat and catch up! I dont know if I even have your number. Will you e-mail it to me? my email is emilyblais at hotmail dot com. Thanks linds! OH, and the reason for this comment is that I thought I would let you know that casey's beemer finally died, and we had to get a new one, so there is hope at the end of the tunnel for your car :)