Saturday, March 22, 2008

Welcome to the House of Dereon

A few weeks ago, my friend Rachelle turned 23 on the 23rd, so naturally we threw a gold themed birthday party. The day before the party I was stressed about what I was going to wear to woo all of the potential SLC suitors. I scoured every Forever 21, TJ Maxx, and Charlotte Russe in search of the perfect outfit, but to no avail. Just as I was about to give up, I drove by the Ross in American Fork and decided to stop in. I walked in and quickly scanned the merchandise for anything gold. I was losing hope as I neared the back of the store and that's when I spotted It. It was exactly what I'd been searching for all along. How did Beyonce's mom know that I needed a gold sequined cheetah print jacket?! You see, a few years back Beyonce's mom thought it would be a good idea to unleash her hideous fashion sense on the world in the form of House of Dereon, and boy am I glad. I glanced at the price tag and thought, "Only $15 for this beauty?!" It was mine. Never in my life have I been so satisfied with a clothing purchase. The next night I wore my new piece of pride to the party and learned that you can do whatever you want when you're wearing gold sequined cheetah print and no one asks questions. Every morning since then I've contemplated wearing It.


For the love of Dereon


3 comments:

nrozier said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome. The only thing that would make this outfit better is if you wore it with just tights a la Sienna Miller or Lindsay Lohan.

I am so borrowing that jacket for my golden birthday this year.

Bags said...

I think I'm in love. So, do you think that cheetah was gay?

becca said...

i love new bloggers. welcome to blog world.