Monday, February 28, 2011

So I finally read the first Harry Potter...

And I thought it was okay. I mean, I enjoyed it, but I haven't been in a huge rush to read the second one (much to Gard's chagrin)- I know, I know, that makes me unimaginative and boring or something, but they're just not my cup of tea. Anyway, Gard keeps telling me that I need to read them so I understand his Harry Potter jokes. My reply is that the majority of his jokes don't involve Harry Potter, so I'm still in no rush. To which he replies, "What if I got into an accident and the only jokes I could tell were Harry Potter jokes?" Okay, fine, then I'd read them.

Oh yeah, and we got engaged and I couldn't be happier about it! More on that to come.

7 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

I am so happy for you. Can't wait to hear about it.

Shea McGee said...

Although this may be a bit sacrilegious coming from a devoted HP fan...I would recommend starting at the 4th book. If Hogwarts still doesn't rock your world, then it's time to give up. ps. I'm patiently awaiting an update. xo

noelle regina said...

thanks for the p.s.

hanner said...

that ps was kind of hilarious. congrats!

MONster said...

just imagine that harry potter is actually gard..gard with a wand...then you'll really like dem books.

Janelle Ehat said...

Congrats Lindsay! That's so exciting! I'm anxious to read about it!

Unknown said...

Who cares about the future eternal marriage...The reading of Harry Potter is way bigger news! =)