Friday, February 26, 2010

I think the lecture went well?

Well, at least the professor invited me back next semester- so that's gotta count for something, right? Or maybe, it was the fact that I brought candy? I figured graduate students still like treats, so even if my lecture was boring, at least they had something yummy to snack on.
P.S. In all seriousness though- being a professor is my DREAM JOB. I really love my job, but being back in the classroom reminded me how much I really love school (and what a big nerd I am.)

8 comments:

kat said...

congrats on getting asked back. I'm sure you were great. I would definitely take your class if you were a professor.

Anonymous said...

what was your lecture on? can you email me a copy? seriously. i'm going into mental health and would love to read it.

jessica.vallem@gmail.com

@lliE from FreshlyCompleted said...

PhD! PhD! PhD!

Just do it!

Grandma Honey said...

I wish you had a picture of yourself and the audience, but I guess that would have been distractive. I'm sure you were great...without a doubt!

Richard said...

I hope you started the lecture with some Alzheimers trivia to go with the chocolate! I'm sure you were fabulous!

Raven Rozier said...

My first guest lecture was in an Old English lit class at TX A&M. After I read "Beowulf" in the old English, the prof. jumped up on the table and re-enacted what I'd read - weird and memorable. Teaching college is the most awesome job, but I don't recommend the Ph. D, way too stressful, and it sucks the fun out of school. Glad you had a good experience. I still have ex-students email me and refer to me as the candy lady, an excellent trick to have in your bag for kids and bored students.

breena rae said...

wow, you are really are like a grown-up now! Congrats on a good lecture...and what was it on...do write up a post about that :)

meredith said...

woa, I am way behind on my blogs.

I am very impressed! And would think it was a treat enough to have you as a guest lecturer.