Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Success.

I did it! I mean, it actually worked. I still can't believe it.
Step 1: Bake 14 thin cakes.

Step 2: Frost large stack of cakes with homemade ganache.

Step 3: Frost ganache covered cake with homemade buttercream, decorate, and add sparkler candles.

Step 4: Look like a complete fool 'cause everyone finishes singing the birthday song long before the sparklers burn out so all the guests just keep hootin' and hollerin' and staring at you (note to self: sparklers cannot be blown out and unless you like prolonged attention, they are not a good idea).

Step 5: Enjoy. Even if it isn't as pretty as the picture on the internet.

Step 6: Explain to the cops that you're just having a dessert party and that people were only loud when you were trying to blow out the sparklers and talk them out of giving you a $100 fine.

Seriously, the cops showed up to my little sabbath day dessert party. I tried to offer them some 14 layer cake and diet Dr. Pepper, but they weren't interested.

14 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

so moist

kat said...

Wow. I knew you would pull it off. It looks delicious. I'm glad you didn't get fined. Don't Utah cops have anything better to do than crash a dessert party?!

Bags said...

I ate pie.

becca said...

dang! i did not stay long enough to see the cops come! they prob just wanted to celebrate your bday too.

Shea McGee said...

you never fail...that is fabulous!cops at the house? ludicrous.

Katie said...

oooh, i've always wanted to try one of those recipes... what one did you use?

Richard said...

Just like in the picture in your last post!!

Brady and Lauren said...

Looks delicious, and I'm so sad I missed out. We need to chat and celebrate your bday together. Looks like your party was a hit.

Karen Mortensen said...

That is great that the cake turned out. Way to go. Your talents contiune to amaze me.

Richard said...

You're my favorite blogger.

Richard said...

You're my favorite blogger!

Dave said...

Happy b-day my friend! It probably would have been cooler to celebrate it in Monterey. Much cooler. Come to us.

Shauna said...

i made it last night. not as hard as i originally thought it would be...i had been eyeing it for a while and thought it seemed too daunting, but you did and i know you and youre a regular and real person so i thought i would give it a try...you inspired me. It was so delicious and moist and a huge crowd pleaser.

noelle regina said...

that is one AMAZING CAKE